Just day before yesterday I had a major meltdown about cooking so often and here I am writing a post about it! Ironic right. 😬 I have always had a love-hate relationship with cooking. Somedays I am all like yayy let’s cook up a storm and other days I want to burn the kitchen down! 🙄 So imagine my happiness when I discovered that I could make something that not only tastes amazing but looks like you put in alot of effort in less than half half an hour. *drum roll please*. This is such an easy and quick spaghetti recipe that needs only 3 main ingredients to make the sauce. You guys are going to love it. I promise. Especially if you love garlic and basil. Also, I have captured every step in a picture to make the process as easy as possible. Let’s get started.
NOTE – I rarely cook with precise measurements and usually go with my gut. I know I know it’s a recipe post and all. But I know you still love me! 🙈
Serves – 4-5 Ideally. 3 if you eat like us aka ALOT!
Spaghetti (love this)
Tomatoes – 5 to 6
Garlic – 9 to 10 cloves
Basil (fresh or dry) – handful
Salt – based on taste
Black pepper – 1 to 2 tsp (Optional)
- Fill a large pot with water, a few drops of oil and 1 tbsp salt. Put the spaghetti in the pot for 10-15 minutes and let it boil.
Occasionally check the spaghetti to see if it is cooked.
2. Quickly wear your ring to show off how artistically you cut the tomatoes. Apart from the showing off part just cut the tomatoes into regular small pieces. 🤦🏽♀️
Add 1 to 2tbsp of oil, salt and black pepper to taste. Mix them well.
3. Put the tomatoes in the microwave and let it cook for 7-8 minutes.
4. Now take another artistic shot to show that you need to make garlic paste/puree/I-am-not-able-to-get-the-right-word. 🤷♀️
5. Pour some oil in the pan and once it heats up, add the garlic paste.
6. Once the garlic has turned slightly brown, add tomatoes in.
7. Basil adds such an amazing flavor to this sauce. Add a handful or more, again based on taste. I usually use fresh basil but this one isn’t bad too.
8. Let the sauce cook until it looks like the shot below. Usually takes around 10 minutes.
9. Add the garlic/tomato/basil sauce into the cooked spaghetti.
10. Mix mix mix mix and voila the spaghetti is ready! 👩🏽🍳
I usually have it with salad and juice. It tastes bomb dot com. 🍝
Now let me put a headband with a bow to look all Italian. How and why are irrelevant questions guys! 🙄
Definitely give this recipe a try and let me know how it turns out. Either you will become my fan forever or *cough*cough* let’s just leave it at that. But in all seriousness, this is a super simple yet yummy recipe and more importantly Mr. M approved. *So if it doesn’t turn out well, you know whom to blame.* 🙈 Hope you guys enjoyed reading my first recipe and a slightly different style of post,
Thank you so much folks for stopping by. See you all soon.. Ciao – Love, M ❤️
ps- Brownie points if you guys can figure out the number of tops I changed during this post. Hint – it’s more than 2. 😋